Why this opportunity exists⌗
Peloton is seeking a User Researcher to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our Bike, Tread, and Digital apps. This User Researcher will work directly with the engagement Product Managers, UX Designers, Product Designers, and Software Developers to better understand how users are interacting with Peloton products through qualitative research and user testing and to inform and evaluate new features and experiences developed by the engagement teams.
• Collaborate with product managers and UX designers to understand Product and UX “questions to be answered” and then design testing methodology, timeline, and scope to investigate those questions. • Source participants for user testing and handle logistics and schedules around live testing. • Conduct user testing on design mockups, prototypes, beta versions, and finished products and features supplied by the Product Squads. • Compile and present learnings to the relevant stakeholders in a clear and actionable way they can use to design product improvements. • Evolve Peloton’s existing user-experience testing infrastructure to ensure conducting virtual, field, and in-office user testing is seamless, efficient, and easy to analyze and report on. • Conduct qualitative and quantitative research using a range of tools and approaches (e.g. interviews, ethnography, card sorting, surveys) to answer Product and UX questions and produce new insights. • Help to formulate research documentation to better understand Peloton-specific user behavior. • Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects.
Additional requirements (other than skills)⌗
• Experience writing and conducting user interviews • Experience designing and conducting user testing • Experience distilling information from diverse interviews and reporting in a concise and actionable way • Experience developing processes to organize work across multiple people and teams • Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills • Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment • Exceptional communication and storytelling skills • Self Starter; ability to act autonomously • Constant attention to detail • Can provide work samples focused on UX Research and Testing.
English - fully-fluent Career path⌗
• 2+ years of User Research and Testing experience.
About the organization(s)⌗
• Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread, and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
• Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touchpoint of the member experience – be it the studio, product, or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
• This role will work across Peloton Product Squads and will report to the VP of Product Design and UX.
• Bonus: Degree in Human/Computer Interaction or Psychology, or equivalent experience • Bonus: Experience with remote and in-person user testing methodologies.
To be defined