Why this opportunity exists⌗
The main objective of this position is to provide distant clinical support to MSF field medical teams worldwide for managing cases that require specialist clinician’s opinion. This will be done via dedicated Telemedicine solutions.
• Review the clinical cases allocated by the clinical case coordinators (CCCs) on MSF Telemedicine Store and Forward Platform, and provide expert medical opinion applicable to MSF context in a timely manner. (Expected response time 4 to 8 hours after receiving email/text notification) • Follow-up progress with cases that have been discussed when applicable, coordinate with other clinical specialists if multiple telemedicine referents are involved for the case being discussed and ensure each case reaches a satisfactory conclusion. • Ensure that medical advice delivered is tailored to MSF guidelines and is helpful to medical team in resource compromised settings.
Additional requirements (other than skills)⌗
• MSF experience or experience in low resource settings and exposure to Telemedicine/ remote clinical training, supervision is highly desirable. • Ability to read and understand English, French and Spanish. Arabic is highly desirable. • Skilled in the use of smart phone and/or a computer. • Skilled in the use of technological tools including those that can be used in telemedicine.
English - fully-fluent French - conversational Spanish - conversational Career path⌗
• University degree in medicine with preferred specialization/ super-specialty training in relevant field. • Must have a valid practicing license. • At least 4 years of work experience in the area of specialization.
About the organization(s)⌗
• MSF Canada is the lead section for rolling out Telemedicine services across MSF projects movement-wide. Telemedicine team based at Program Unit, MSF Canada works with all MSF operational centers for implementing Telemedicine services in the field projects. • MSF’s International Store & Forward Telemedicine Platform has a global network of more than 300 specialists and has been providing specialist support to MSF beneficiaries since 2010. The platform provides services in English, French and Spanish with Arabic network currently under development.
• Position status: Volunteer. • Duration of Contract: Minimum time commitment is for 9 months. • Working Hours: Normally expected few hours (2 to 3) per week, actually depends on cases from fields. Sometimes there might not be a case for months or there might be 3 to 4 cases in a week.