Why this opportunity exists⌗
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise to reshape the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team in Champaign. We’re looking for proactive, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
• As an Engineering Manager, you will use your expertise with modern web technologies to own, architect, build, and deliver the core frameworks and building blocks of Granular’s frontend web applications • Lead technical strategy, planning, and implementation with insightful, forward-looking approaches that go beyond the immediate to solve large, open-ended problems • Partner with Product to set priorities, objectives, and clarify direction • Mentor and inspire a diverse team of engineers with a high degree of empathy and emotional intelligence • Manage and develop the team through hiring, retaining, mentoring, and continually building the team’s capabilities • Develop and nurture relationships with Product, QA, Delivery, Design, & GTM to develop best-in-class experience for our users • Improve all aspects of the product - both technical and processes - and deliver outstanding results for our customers • Work multi-functionally and lead dependencies across Granular to support front-end development teams and their products
Additional requirements (other than skills)⌗
• Is passionate about web technologies and delivering both a world-class customer and developer experience • Demonstrates servant leadership and passion for leading and mentoring the team • Has experience working with and ideally leading projects within a distributed team • Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to build strong, productive relationships. • Can effectively present to large groups and has experience building a vibrant developer community • Has worked in an agile environment and is comfortable using project management tools like JIRA, Asana, Rally, etc.
English - fully-fluent Career path⌗
• 5+ years of experience developing modern web applications, with 3+ years of experience with modern JS frameworks • 1+ year of experience in a technical lead or engineering management role building performant, reliable, production applications • Has a BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
About the organization(s)⌗
• Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build stronger farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment. • Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies. • Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin off of DowDuPont™.
• We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by transforming agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
• Primary location: Champaign, IL
• Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles• Generous Vacation• 401k Matching Program• Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision• Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA• Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave• Learning and Development Programs• Remote-friendly environment & open floor plan, dog-friendly office. Agreement type⌗