Our engineers work on products that make a difference in the world! From petty financial crimes up through major extortion & election hijacking events, many social engineering attacks start with phishing emails. We also build state of the art tools for IT and security operations centers, helping them identify & kill phishing attacks for large enterprises and organizations. Cofense finds it important to support our employees during these uncertain times. That’s why our company provides virtual events such as wellness sessions, company-wide virtual happy hours, Trivia contests and new-hire welcome lunches. We even recently hosted a virtual talent show. No matter where employees are working from, our organization’s culture fuels collaboration and fun.
*Culture: Check us out on The Muse- https://www.themuse.com/profiles/cofense**Location: Remote/ Virtual
*Software Engineer III (Senior UI Front-End) is responsible for providing the user interface technology for our customers. This role will work with other UI/UX engineers, product, design teams, as well as back-end engineers to deliver a seamless and elegant user experience.
· Act as a primary driver in the development of an engaging user experience using modern approaches to web development.
· Help establish, reinforce, and periodically evaluate coding standards and code quality.
· Engage in constant knowledge sharing with others on the team, across teams, across communities of practice, and across products.
· Coordinate planning efforts and assess technical feasibility of solutions and design proposals.
· As an effective communicator, work collaboratively and constructively with others in the team and broader organization.
· Coordinate with back-end platform and API teams to integrate with existing and future APIs.
· Other duties as assigned.
**Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Proficient in HTML and CSS with knowledge of web standards, advanced layouts, accessibility, and responsive design.
· Comfortable with build tools, template languages, and pre-processors.
· An understanding of HTTP and RESTful API design.
· Ability to maintain a test-centric approach to development to ensure code quality and ease of maintenance.
· Excellent understanding of browser security and performance.
· Comfortable at the command line and with utilizing Git commands.
· Passionate about user experience, building modern interfaces, and collaborating closely with Product Designers.
· Constant desire and eagerness to further develop your skillset.
· Ability to mentor other developers across the company, identify process issues, and propose changes to ensure the team is working as efficiently as possible.
**Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· At least 7 years of professional experience in software engineering.
· Experience with Vue.js required.
· Experience with TypeScript required.
· Experience writing and maintaining clear, consistent documentation to support your code design.
· Experience with cross-browser compatibility and relevant shims, fallbacks, and polyfills.
*Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)