Currently this job is only for applicants residing in US
We are looking for software engineers that love to build well designed systems that can last the test of time, make an impact in day to day operations and life of consumers and agents in the insurance technology space.
The Software Engineer will have the opportunity to engage in full stack development, managing k8s infrastructure, visualization, user analytics, distributed systems, docker container based services and machine learning algorithms. You will be working with reactjs, python, git, webpack, k8s, variety of data stores, continuous integration, GCP, AWS, automated testing, docker and always open to speeding up our development process and scaling our system. You will also be handling and managing a lot of data to inform the business operations. Your work will constantly be driven by end-user-focused development to enhance consumer and agent experience. You will utilize user engagement data and increase usability. You will also have ample opportunity to refactor, reimplement and drive innovation. In the end, you will have the final responsibility of delivering high quality software that is well tested for the end user’s needs (insurance agents, consumers, operators).
We respect people who continuously improve, learn and take pride in delivering software products that people would love to use. You will work closely with the design team, stakeholders to deliver scalable and well designed front end components and backend services.
- Proven experience in understanding complex user needs with multiple stakeholders and providing practical solutions that can work in production
- Always automating solutions, but making it clearly understandable to other developers and users
- Highly collaborative and be able to communicate both interpersonally and in your code (we <3 COMMENTS! and ability to think about future developers)
- Not afraid to dive into other’s code, refactor and rewrite if it’s best for maintenance and end user
- Eye for good software engineering practices (i.e. experience in dealing with bad code and improving or refactoring with good design)
- Experience in designing great API’s
- Experience with collaborating in github
- Experience in solving SQL performance issues a plus
- Experience in creating open source modules or participating in development and packaging of open source modules
- Experience in agile sprints a plus
- Experience working effectively in remote teams
- Desire to continuously, learn, improve and apply new technologies that will increase operational efficiency and effectiveness We are in the early stage of building a remote team, and looking for someone who will fit in this role and is excited about making a huge impact in insurance tech, while working in a collegial, highly collaborative environment—replete with many of the latest communication tools (Slack, Hangouts, etc.)—with the flexibility of working from anywhere (we are distributed across Seattle, Boston and Europe) or in our office in Boston.
If you are excited to take this partake in the growth of EverQuote and take on this challenge please email at email@example.com with links that demonstrate your work and a resume.