Why this opportunity exists⌗
Livongo is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Livongo has planned for the future with regards to working remotely. This is a commitment from our President & CEO to our future plans for re-opening and our very special and unique culture. Put your ingenuity to good use as we lead the digital health revolution together at one of Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare. If you’re passionate about technical innovation and making a direct impact on people’s health and well-being, come join us at our downtown Mountain View office, just a few minutes’ walk from Castro Street…. (when we return to the offices).
• As a senior member of the Member Experience Backend team, you will lead building the backend microservices to power our consumer-facing applications across mobile, web, and smart health devices. • Partner with product managers, user experience designers, mobile and web front end engineers, and data scientists to support the full product lifecycle. • Take ownership of our cloud APIs and services that connect biometric and clinical data across multiple health platforms, allow doctors and coaches to provide patient care via seamless access to Livongo, and deliver data-science powered care and advice to users. • Lead projects for the team including grooming and sizing requirements, designing solutions, defining project plans and go to market strategy, and mentoring and coaching junior engineers. • Harness state of the art technologies such as Scala, AWS, Play, gRPC, Protobuf, Kubernetes, Spark, Kafka, Microservices, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Flyway, FHIR, OAuth.
Additional requirements (other than skills)⌗
• Experience implementing REST APIs and highly scalable systems. Experience with event-driven architecture in a Microservices environment is a plus. • Experience designing and optimizing relational databases, such as MySQL. Experience with ETL or AWS Redshift a plus. • Passion, collaboration, and productivity in a dynamic cross-functional team environment. • Strong written and verbal communication skills.
English - fully-fluent Career path⌗
• BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. In lieu of degree, relevant work experience and/or trade school is acceptable. • 5+ years’ experience in software engineering in a functional object-oriented language (Scala preferred, Java or Python). • 3+ years’ experience developing API services for consumer mobile and/or web applications or enterprise SaaS.
About the organization(s)⌗
• Livongo offers a whole person platform that empowers people with chronic conditions to live better and healthier lives, beginning with diabetes and now including hypertension, weight management, diabetes prevention, and behavioral health. Livongo pioneered the new category of Applied Health Signals to silence Noisy Healthcare. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized and timely health signals. The Livongo approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better experience for people with chronic conditions.
• People and culture are Livongo’s greatest and most valued assets! We’ve built a culture we are proud of that reflects our values of diversity and inclusion where everyone’s voice is equally important. • As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.
• The nature of work is interdisciplinary, and our teammates come from varying backgrounds e.g. (Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Production Engineer). We urge you to apply even if you feel uncertain that you have the exact background. • People and culture are Livongo’s greatest and most valued assets! We’ve built a culture we are proud of that reflects our values of diversity and inclusion where everyone’s voice is equally important.
• Competitive compensation packages• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and 401K• Generous PTO policy• 10 paid holidays each year• Lunch provided Monday through Thursday (in office)• An endless variety of healthy snacks and beverages to fuel your creativity• Employee Stock Purchase Plan• Employee Referral Bonus Program• Team events and social gatherings• Pet-friendly environment in Mountain View, CA and Denver• Diabetes Care Prescription Reimbursement• Discount/Subsidy program for gym membership• Provide the full line of Livongo programs and services to all employees and their families Agreement type⌗
To be defined