Senior Quality Analyst (Remote)
Join us as we work together to solve some of the most interesting and challenging engineering problems in the WordPress space through our partnerships with major publishers and technology companies.
As a Senior Quality Analyst, you will be responsible for identifying unmet acceptance criteria and visual, cross-browser/device, accessibility, and other defects in the user interface and software to help ensure delivery of the highest quality product possible to our clients and users.
Areas of Focus*** Understanding the business, market, and user needs for the product
- Performing manual and automated testing (including cross-browser and cross-device testing)
- Documenting defects and retesting to ensure resolution
- Active communication with the engineering team, and potentially the client
Accountabilities* Manual and automated testing of websites and applications: + End to end + Browsers + Devices + Accessibility
- Utilize Browserstack and/or your own device lab to effectively test
- Work closely with teammates and clients
- Take initiative to test beyond what is in the acceptance criteria
- Effectively manage a workload of 2-4 projects simultaneously
- Take ownership of ensuring work is as defect-free as possible
- Use a ticket management system and adhere to bug reporting best practices
- Set up automated end to end testing
- Comfort with fast-paced Agile/Scrum environments
Measuring Success*** Are items that are passed to QA, tested in a timely manner (expectation is 1-2 business days from being ready, unless otherwise agreed upon deviation)?
- Is the quality of the finished product/project in keeping with XWP’s standards?
- Did the development team have the details needed to address reported bugs in a timely manner?
- Does the client and team view the Quality Analyst as a team player?
This is a mid to senior-level role, with a typical pay range of USD $45 to $60 per hour for contractors or a salary for employees of $75,000 to $100,000 with benefits, depending on proven experience level and engagement terms.
This is a remote role working as a part of a global, distributed team spanning 5 continents. Most of your work will be asynchronous, with communication via Slack, JIRA, and Github, with a few video meetings per week. Most client teams are located in North America, so expect some of your work time to overlap with North American working hours. Our project teams often include a Lead Engineer/Architect, UX Architect, Product Owner, Project Manager, Quality Analyst, and 1-4 additional Engineers. Quality Analysts typically work on 2-4 projects at a time.
At XWP, you will become part of a much bigger community from the X-Company brands, which is hundreds strong, and includes XWP, X-Team, and XFive.
One of the ultimate perks of working at XWP is your Unleash+ membership, which gives you $2,500 per year to use toward activities that keep you energized so you can learn, grow and unleash your potential.
**XWP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
We expect that you will have significant experience with most of the following areas and the ability to quickly learn and close any gaps that you encounter while engaged. Significant quality assurance testing experience at the enterprise level
- Proven effectiveness collaborating with distributed teams
- Significant experience setting up cross-browser & cross-device testing, including accessibility testing
- Proven track record helping deliver quality products and projects
- Service-oriented attitude towards team members and clients alike
We expect you to have a good working knowledge and some experience with most of the following:* Experience in implementing automated visual and end to end testing
- Experience supporting projects in JIRA and Github
- Experience working on high-scale WordPress installs and platforms like WordPress.com VIP
- An understanding of the WordPress community and recent developments in WordPress
- Interest in participating in and passion for giving back to the WordPress community
- Background as a developer/software engineer
You will also want to have these characteristics:* Highly organized, motivated, and execution-oriented
- Self-starter comfortable working in a highly technical environment
- Demonstrated ability for continuous learning, creativity, and problem-solving
- Ability to work effectively and dependably in remote environments
- Confidence effectively presenting well-reasoned options to decision-makers
- Ability to make a strong case while listening and remaining open to other perspectives