Talis (a wholly-owned subsidiary of SAGE Publishing) is an edTech company focused on applying technology to make teaching and learning more connected in higher education. We help universities, libraries, faculty and students to connect to the digital resources they teach and learn, but more importantly to collaborate and engage with these resources.
We have an established and market-leading presence in the UK, Australia and New Zealand. We have well over 1.5million students and 100, 000 academics using our products every day. We have two products at different stages in the product lifecycle and are now focused on the growth of our more established product Talis Aspire, into large untapped markets and replicating our success of growth in our existing markets for our earlier stage product, Talis Elevate.
We are a fully distributed team of passionate people with a culture that is informal (no airs and graces here), we have a fairly flat structure and we value accountability, delivering impact, transparency, collaboration and solving meaningful problems and customers success.
You’ll be working in a friendly team that works closely and collaboratively, and supports each other in a psychologically safe environment. We have a shared commitment to our mission and goals, we like to deliver visible and measurable impact frequently, and to build and do the right things. We enable each other to continue learning, grow and to be always improving. We also like to get to know each other and have fun along the way.
**What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a Senior product manager to drive our Talis Elevate product through an exciting growth phase. The way academics and students teach and learn with digital resources has been rapidly shifting, and this has further accelerated with the realisation that universities need to better support online delivery.
This is an opportunity to shape the future of a product at a really exciting stage of its lifecycle. You’ll be focused on outcomes around driving adoption at academic, student and institutional levels, helping customers demonstrate success through data and ensuring the product fits into the academic institutional ecosystem. You’ll also be solving scaling problems by building in the right enterprise-level capabilities as well as exploring new adoption models. Most importantly, you’ll be delivering real impact to the daily lives of students and faculty in how they teach, learn, engage and collaborate with digital resources.
You will report to the Head of Product and be embedded in the Talis Elevate product engineering team (engineering and UX).
**You’ll be responsible for:
- You’ll build a strategy and product roadmap that aligns to the team’s mission and success metrics.
- You’ll align the team’s efforts with objectives and desired outcomes
- You’ll define and track success metrics
- You’ll lead the team in robust product discovery, market and customer research to uncover the problems and opportunities, ensuring insights are shared and ensure we solve the right ones.
- You will work closely with the team to generate and validate solution ideas
- You’ll work with the engineering team to define and scope development iterations and release requirements as well as plan and manage development priorities using agile methodologies.
- You’ll liaise and work with cross-functional teams to develop go-to-market and roll-out strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits and target customer.
- You’re comfortable being the internal product evangelist, bringing along stakeholders and ensuring the organisation has visibility of product team goals, focus and progress
- Help grow the capability of our current product team through mentoring and coaching
What you’ll bringYou’ll have a built a product management toolbox throughout your experience and it could include tools such as Customer interviews, Customer personas, Hypothesis-driven experimentation, Jobs-to-be-Done (JTBD), Outcomes over outputs (Key-performance indicators (KPIs) & metrics), Lean Minimum Viable Products (MVPs), Product Analytics, Product discovery, Product prioritisation, Product roadmaps, Product strategy, Usability testing, User/Job stories and User research
At a minimum, you can meet the following,
Minimum 4+ years experience working as a product manager within a SaaS or software company
Have owned the growth and scaling an enterprise B2B or B2B2C software product.
Excellent spoken and written proficiency in the English language.
Location: UK, Europe (up to GMT+2)
Ability to work 100% remotely **Benefits
The salary range for the role will be between £50,000 and £60,000 depending on experience.
A generous contributory pension scheme
Private medical insurance & Health Cash Plan (including dental and optical cover)
Flexible working hours and location – although we are small we have people on three continents and at many locations across the UK.
- Laptop (most people have Macs, but you can select something else)
- Equipment support - we’ll support you in getting the right working from home setup
We are fully distributed company and are open to applicants across the UK
We are a values based company that uses words like trust, accountability and customer success and actually live them
Radical transparency - every team communicates progress weekly to everybody – and you are free to ask questions or make suggestions.
Finally, we are doing things a little differently in our recruitment process, learn more by reading about the process and hearing directly from our Head of Product, Keji Adedeji, giving you some information about working at Talis, our product organisation, why its an exciting role and why we’re doing things differently.