Why this opportunity exists⌗
You’ll be leading software engineering teams innovating on a real-time platform ingesting 25+ billion events daily. The role is primarily about people leadership, including coaching technical leaders and overseeing projects. You thrive on the agility of working at a midsize company that has demonstrated product leadership and an exponential growth trajectory. You can teach and learn from the best.
• Hire, onboard, grow, and promote top engineers • Oversee prioritization, definition, planning, and execution of projects • Coordinate work across engineering teams and across disciplines • Manage competing priorities rationally • Model and foster productivity over activity • Mentor or manage other people leaders • Build a culture of technical and management excellence.
Additional requirements (other than skills)⌗
• Operated as a manager and/or engineer during periods of fast business growth • Ability to engaging collaboratively on the design of distributed systems at scale • Experience using observability systems to detect and isolate faults • Strong listening skills and pithy articulation • Detail orientation and decisive bias-to-action.
English - fully-fluent Career path⌗
• Strong technical roots in hands-on development of complex system software; depth being more important than breadth • 7+ years of progressive experience directly employed by companies to develop software in products being sold to their consumers or enterprise customers • 5+ years of formal management experience including performance appraisals.
About the organization(s)⌗
• Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most. • Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 28 million active users in over 140 countries as of March 31, 2020 — making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world. • This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need. • Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business. • Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
• Both of our California offices work fully remotely at least one day per week. Domestic travel is required in 4-6 weeks per year. • Any or some of the following experience will set you apart: • Experience in multi-office management, ideally including offshore • Effective application of a range of project management tools & techniques • Building high-availability systems, and handling incident response when they fail • Experience using or building modern developer tooling and service deployment • Experience evolving from monolithic servers to distributed services • Experience working with delivering and/or consuming services from partners • Experience in application software security • Experience working with a sensor network of mobile and/or IoT devices • Proficiency in Java and AWS.
• Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360• Competitive pay and benefits• Free snacks, drinks and food in the office• Catered lunches throughout the week• Health, dental and vision insurance plans• 401k plan• $200/month Quality of Life perk• A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco• Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done. Agreement type⌗
To be defined