Our mission is to change people’s relationship with alcohol by supporting their alcohol-free journey through offering access to 28, 90 & 365 AF Alcohol Free challenges, amazing global community, podcasts, blogs, specialised coaching and more. We use positive psychology to help our members transform their lives and discover the best versions of themselves. With 70K+ members in more than 100 countries, we’re a dynamic start-up at a scaling-up stage looking for great talent to help us make an extraordinary impact on people’s lives!
We have product fit and now need to build the engineering capability in the business to allow us to build a better user experience for our customers; they love our product, but want it to do more for them.
Our plan is to initially develop a mobile web application and then depending on our customer research we may decide to develop a mobile app to improve the customer experience.
**Our offices are based in Edinburgh, but we are a remote working company so we welcome job applications from anywhere in the UK. **
Our company values are important to us and the bedrock of our culture and how we work
Serve others and make a difference
We obsess about our customer Be the change
Change is a constant - we embrace change with a smile.
Failure is success, without it we cannot learn. We fail fast to learn fast - we celebrate it. **Be tenacious and don’t give up **
We deliver and go the extra mile and ask the question - “what else can I do?”
Autonomy - We have autonomy to make decisions to hit our goals.
We are accountable for our actions and deliveries. Be passionate and have fun
If things are tough, we take some time to talk to someone 121, then we get back in the room and fight the good fight together.
We aim to live by example and live life better. Think and act world class
We lift rocks - If we see something that needs to be improved, we own it until it’s done and leave it in a better place than we found it.
We have a culture of self-improvement and we play to our strengths.
Innovation - We constantly strive to improve and learn from our experiences. We have no barriers.
No recruitment agencies please
And why would you want to work with us?
- The flexibility of working remotely.
- Full holiday allowance (25 days + bank holidays)
- Highly competitive salary
- Equity options in a fast growing company
- Pension (3% contribution from the company)
- The best equipment and software to go about executing your day-to-day work
Skills & requirements⌗
You will be someone excited by the opportunity to develop a greenfield mobile web app and to build the team that will deliver on our ambitious plans for growth over the next 12 months.
You must be comfortable working closely with our product team and be able to advise, design and implement the technical solutions to meet the long term needs in our product roadmap
**The skills you are likely to have: **
- You will have more than 5 years of on-the-job software engineering experience building mobile web apps.
- You will ideally have some exposure to mobile app development.
- While we have not selected the technical stack for the web app, our preference is for one based on React/React Native, Typescript and Node.js.
- Experience of hiring for and leading small engineering teams.
- Understand what it takes to build product features, supported by analytics and experiments.
- Empathy for end-users, and understand the value of exceptional user interface design.
- Experience of building subscription based products
- Experience of working and integrating with Wordpress and any industry recognised CRM system. If you had experience of InfusionSoft please let us know but
it is not a prerequisite. **
And who are you likely to be?
- You sign up to our values
- You will have an obsessive focus on quality
- You constantly seek to learn and improve yourself, the team, and the product.
- You have ambitions for personal development to a head of engineering role
- You have a proven ability to thrive in a fast moving, and fast changing environment but know how to maintain a sustainable pace.
- You have experience with agile delivery and development practices
- You have shown that you can work in areas outside of your usual areas of expertise
- You are not intimidated by large challenges where answers are unclear and the approach fluid.
- You are able to critically examine requirement