Why this opportunity exists⌗
We’re looking for a talented Senior Embedded Software Engineer, with a proven track record of software development using C++ and/or Java in an embedded environment, to work on cutting-edge embedded software projects, as a part of an agile team.
• You will work in an agile environment reporting to a Group Lead or Project Manager and will have considerable exposure to our clients and other partners. You’ll be a key part of planning, design, development, debugging and integration of embedded software modules for cutting edge broadcast and internet TV receivers (set-top boxes). You’ll create new features while also supporting the C++ debugging team, which will be around a 60/40 split of your time. Most importantly, your work will help deliver a much-needed service for society in lockdown – quick and easy access to some of the World’s best digital TV services.
Additional requirements (other than skills)⌗
• Strong experience with C, C++ or Java in an embedded Linux or Android environment • Strong debugging and problem-solving skills • Experienced developing and debugging multithreaded and/or multi-process code • Ability to understand complex issues and discuss them via phone, email and other methods • Flexible, proactive, can-do approach
English - fully-fluent About the organization(s)⌗
• Consult Red was founded in 2003 as Red Embedded, and since then we have built a team of over one hundred best-in-class embedded software and hardware engineers. We have built a strong reputation in the industry and continue to provide practical, innovative software and hardware consultancy and design services to the embedded technologies market – with a particular focus on the digital TV and set-top-box industry. • We continue to grow, and our ambitious plans rely on recruiting top quality people. Put quite simply: if you are the best in your field, come and work for us.
• We take good care of our engineers not only salary and benefits-wise but also when it comes to their place of service delivery. Our teams work from fully equipped laboratories in Yorkshire in the UK, Wroclaw in Poland and Los Angeles, California. • And currently, having taken their equipment, office chairs and favourite coffee cups with them, our team members #stayathome and work safely from there.
• A competitive salary which will grow with your career • A twice-yearly company bonus scheme • Opportunities to train, develop and grow, as well as learn from talented colleagues • 25 days’ holiday as standard, rising an extra day for every calendar year you stay with us (up to a maximum of 31 days) • 5% matched contributory pension • Access to Headspace meditation app • Flexibility in your working hours and home office • Free on-site parking, rail season ticket support, and a cycle to work scheme • Season ticket loan • Relocation assistance for those moving to the area • Our Recruitment Process: • Once you submit your CV, we’ll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of things. This will then go directly to the Hiring Manager review. We’ll often do a short first stage telephone interview to find out more about you and to check that the role would be a good fit for your requirements. • Then, if you progress to interview stage, we’ll try to cover off everything we can in one Skype sitting, to make the process quicker for you - which means our interviews can be slightly longer than average. We hope you’ll leave the meeting with a real feel for the job and what it’s like to work with us.