Why this opportunity exists⌗
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in! Socure is looking to hire a talented Security Engineer to join our team. As one of the early members of our InfoSec team, you will be Socure’s security champion, ensuring that we embed security into the development lifecycle of our systems and products. This role can be based anywhere remotely in the USA.
• You will be administering and expanding the use of our security monitoring tools (Sumo Logic, Signal Sciences). • You will be performing penetration tests, vulnerability scans and risk assessments on our microservices and infrastructure. • You will be partnering with Product and Engineering to enhance Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), incorporating security development best practices, testing and auditing. • You will be building secure code libraries. • You will be our Security Subject Matter Expert, responding to external and internal security requests, managing external pen-testing engagements and leading Socure’s bug bounty program. • You will be evaluating and driving security improvements in Socure’s core infrastructure and frameworks.
Additional requirements (other than skills)⌗
• Experience working in or collaborating with small product teams, where security is a key consideration • Hands on experience with offensive security tools (metasploit, burpsuite, etc) • Hands on experience conducting security assessments • Understanding of secure application development practices • A genuine passion for the security industry! We seek individuals who have the curiosity and desire to learn and stay on top of emerging security threats and technologies.
English - fully-fluent Career path⌗
• Required: 2-5 years of proven experience in software development with any of the following programming languages: Scala, Java, Go, Python
About the organization(s)⌗
• Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies, and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to verify identities in real-time. Customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. We are funded by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma Ventures.
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Competitive base salary• Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our enormous upside• A tech-first company culture driven by entrepreneurial thinking and talent• A great team working in unison towards the same mission• Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture• Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents• Flexible PTO• 401K with company match• Free meals, snacks, and drinks…and so much more Agreement type⌗