Why this opportunity exists⌗
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to help build a system that takes information from satellite imagery and other remotely sensed data to turn it into valuable insights for farmers. This role is integral to Granular’s success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
• Contribute to solving the real, meaningful problem of helping farmers be more efficient • Work with cloud infrastructure at scale, dealing with millions of acres worth of data • Build a world-class imagery pipeline that is a core component of the Granular software platform. • Show a passion for learning and developing skills, trying new technologies, and solution-oriented thinking
Additional requirements (other than skills)⌗
• Remote Sensing expertise and/or experience working with Geospatial data • Experience or desire to learn Python, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, Bash, Linux, Docker • Experience with AWS Lambda, Kubernetes and/or Amazon ECS • Familiarity with infrastructure as code, automation, monitoring, and the DevOps mindset • Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to take initiative and build strong, meaningful relationships • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Demonstrates high EQ
English - fully-fluent Career path⌗
• 5 + years of Python experience, or a demonstrated pattern of quickly learning new languages • Experience working in a fully automated CI/CD environment (Jenkins, K8s, AWS) • BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
About the organization(s)⌗
• Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build stronger farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment. • Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies. • Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by transforming agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability. • Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our company and people at http://granular.ag/, Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/
• We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles • Generous Vacation • Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision • Dependent Care FSA • Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave • Learning and Development Programs • Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
• 401k Agreement type⌗