Why this opportunity exists⌗
We are soliciting talent to join our Cloud Administration and Engineering team (CloudOps) to develop and maintain internal tools, as well as partnering with game studios on optimization projects. Engage and work with us, alongside all Zynga partner studios in the US, Asia and Europe. Join us and learn what makes Zynga one of the leaders in the mobile online gaming industry.
• Prototype and test various tools, managed services, deployment and application frameworks. Consult on their relative feature sets, performance and applicability to various product teams. • Partner with other business units to convert manual business workflows and requirements into application code. • Work with studio partners to upgrade their code for updated OS and application stacks. • On-call responsibilities, operational support for systems under administration. • Mentor and guide junior members in the development group. • Assist other teams in establishing application development best practices and security guidelines. • Availability for after-hours on-call support.
Additional requirements (other than skills)⌗
• Comfortable working in a small team environment with significant autonomy. • Flexibility in work schedule: collaborate with teams during US or UK business hours on a regular basis. • Amenable to learning additional programming languages and platforms. • Passion for multi-cloud application design, lifetime learning and self-education. • Interest in gaming related application development and technologies.
English - fully-fluent Challenges⌗
• As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for supporting the development and deployment of products in the cloud. As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will be working with modern deployment methodologies (CI/CD, Docker/Kubernetes workflows) developing both user-facing applications, and game service APIs. You should be comfortable working in AWS, (and preferably other cloud environments) in terms of implementing best practices, secure design, cost sensitivity, and manageability. You will be working with existing server application code, and prototyping small-scale test applications for Proof of Concept in order to consult and support game teams with the selection of appropriate technologies (storage engines, monitoring tools, cloud managed services, and Zynga’s own internal microservices). Works relatively independently in the role as a subject matter expert for the team, with the support of other developers and DevOps engineers.
• Experience developing on Linux VMs and Containers hosted in Cloud providers. • Fundamental experience with Enterprise Linux environments, development, deployment, maintenance and orchestration patterns. • Strong experience developing in PHP, and Bash scripting. • Experience developing cloud-hosted server applications, leveraging AWS CLI. • Experience / Motivation for learning additional frameworks and development languages. • Experience developing with Relational and Non-Relational databases, external data ingestion and third party API integration. • Experience converting business needs into application logic by engaging with Business/Finance Teams. • LAMP stack development focus.
About the organization(s)⌗
• Zynga was founded in 2007 with the vision that play would become one of the core activities on the Internet. We pioneered social games with the belief that if we could make games simple, accessible and social the world would start playing. We are excited that games have grown to become the second most popular activity by time spent, even surpassing email. But we have a lot of hard work, innovation and growth ahead of us to create a future where social gaming is a daily habit for everyone.
• Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us! • Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
• Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan• Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance• Lunch catered daily - stocked snack areas• Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave• Emergency child care support• Active Employee Groups - Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more• Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events• Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other• Flexible working hours on many teams• Gym Benefits• Commuter benefits• Casual dress every single day• Culture of diversity and inclusion• Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players! Agreement type⌗
To be defined