Why this opportunity exists⌗
As the Office Manager in Seattle, you will report to the Director, Workplace Services and be part of the Workplace Experience Team. Avalara is a fast paced, dynamic environment. You must be energetic, possess a positive can-do attitude, love working with people, and not be afraid to jump in and roll-up your sleeves to get things done. We live by our Success Traits: Ownership, Simplicity, Passion, Urgency, Adaptability, Curiosity and Fun.
• Supervise Seattle Front Desk Coordinators, leading by example and modeling company endorsed behaviors • Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with staff, prepare and deliver performance evaluations, and establish and track annual goals • Establish work schedules, assign tasks, cross-train staff, perform back-up duties as required • Train, implement and evaluate company policies and procedures • Ensure lobby/reception area is a presentable and engaging environment • Assure office is stocked with ample office supplies and are distributed amongst all floors • Work with micro-market vendor to ensure fresh and quality offerings while maintaining top-notch service • Manage the ordering and execution of small-scale meeting catering • Direct local mail/package program working with vendors and internal leaders to provide the most efficient and effective process • Oversee employee anniversary, newborn, and employee corporate award programs • Manage purchase order process and submit timely and accurate monthly expense reports • Liaise with local hotels to establish and maintain corporate rates • Coordinate with the Internal Communications Team regarding workplace/building communications • Remote office support
Additional requirements (other than skills)⌗
• Intermediate level with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) • Intermediate level with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms) • Demonstrated ability to build trust, relationship build and maintain confidentiality • Ability to take direction and wear many hats in a team environment with a warm, engaging and professional demeanor • Demonstrated ability to build trust, relationship build and maintain confidentiality • Successfully operate in a very fast-paced, high-tech environment always thinking one-step ahead • Expeditious, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customer needs • Strong interpersonal and communication skills • Superb sense of urgency and efficiency in completing and prioritizing work • Ability to problem solve offering creative solutions • Detail oriented, with strong organizational and analytical skills
English - fully-fluent Career path⌗
• 5+ years office management experience • 3+ years supervisory skills
About the organization(s)⌗
• Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world. • Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
• Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.