• Collaborate with faculty members to provide support related to online education, instructional design, and education technology. • Consult with faculty members to provide instructional design guidance that is supported by research-based best practices in online learning. • Provide timely responses to faculty and maintain a good turn-around time for feedback and solutions. • Provide feedback on course design to faculty who need support as they convert their courses to an online modality. • Consult with faculty about best practices for institutionally available education technology to support their online course development needs. • Suggest relevant open educational resources and appropriate instructional methods for online delivery of content. • Collaborate with the iDesign Support Team to document interactions with faculty for quality control purposes. • Assist with the expansion of the ID Help Desk Knowledge Base.
Additional requirements (other than skills)⌗
• Ability to be available during weekday business hours • Current, in-depth knowledge of instructional design, learning theory, and UDL. • Strong interpersonal skills and a history of positive results achieved collaboratively. • Demonstrated experience collaborating with faculty members for online course development in higher education, preferred. • Competency in a variety of LMS systems such as Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, Moodle, etc. • Competency in various education technologies (video capture/recording, web-based meeting tools, etc.) • Demonstrated experience and background in faculty development, preferred. • Proven leadership in developing courses characterized by innovation in instructional design. What Will Make Us REALLY Love You: • A proven track record of working with academic and business partners to create engaging and effective online courses. • Ability to quickly establish a collaborative and collegial relationship with faculty members to provide effective online instructional design solutions quickly. • Expert in faculty development in the areas of instructional design and educational technology. • Expert in online learning, instructional design and technology, adult learning theory, and andragogy/pedagogy to support course development. • Strong organizational skills, excellent follow-through, and exceptional attention to detail. • Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills. • Background in Learner Experience Design. • Superior knowledge of available open educational resources (OERs). • Quality assurance training and certification (QM, OSCQR, other). • Post-secondary teaching and learning experience.
English - fully-fluent Challenges⌗
• As an Instructional Design Support Specialist, you will consult with faculty members to provide instructional design guidance related to converting on-ground courses to an online format. You will also answer questions about best practices for institutionally available educational technology to support the instructional design goals of the faculty member. As part of the help desk process, you will document solutions and recommendations provided to faculty members to contribute to an existing knowledge base of articles.
• Advanced degree in Education, Instructional Technology, or related field. • Experience with ADA compliance. • Experience with existing quality standards for course design (e.g., Quality Matters, Sloan-C).
About the organization(s)⌗
• iDesign partners with universities to build, grow and support online and blended courses and program offerings. We are passionate about helping faculty harness the potential of emerging technologies to design courses and degrees that make an impact, whether they are fully online, flipped, adaptive, blended or competency-based. From statewide university systems to private colleges, our custom solutions pair instructional design with technologies to enable great teaching.
• The successful candidate will work remotely on a contract basis. iDesign recognizes that a quality workforce is paramount to our success. We provide professional development and internal advancement opportunities.
• Great Company Culture. We like to have fun while we work hard. iDesign has a collaborative, congenial workplace where everyone counts.• Meaningful Work. You won’t just be another contractor. All iDesigners make a big impact and are expected to make their work count. What we do impacts students’ lives!• Work that Stays at Work. Genuine work/life balance served here!• Working Remotely. You will be able to work in whatever quiet place you find that has a solid broadband connection and a place to set up your laptop. Agreement type⌗
ContractorCurrency exchange and taxes to be paid by⌗
Depends on the location of the candidate