- Location flexible, within Australia & NZ timezones
- Team member, reporting to the Principal Engineer
Operata is building the worlds first performance monitoring platform for voice applications. Our mission is to make people experience the measure of communications quality - It’s about better connection.
Operata is a fast growing Australian based software company and an AWS Select Technology Partner. Our customers include leading insurers, telcos, banks and MSP’s. We are a remote-first company, headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
What we build…
The Operata platform is designed to measure, optimise and maintain voice performance to deliver the best cloud contact centers. Its built exclusively on AWS for Amazon Connect and the Cognitive CX suite.
What is that, exactly? we hear you ask…
https://operata.com will tell you all you need to know. Still unsure? Fire some questions our way.
About the role
Full Stack Engineers at Operata are focused on making Operata the most reliable, performant and trustworthy performance and experience monitoring platform around. Our engineering teams have built data pipelines that process millions of events per month and applications that support powerful monitoring and analytics at scale.
Our platforms are built on AWS. We use technologies in the AWS stack such as Lambda, EC2, VPC, S3, EKS. Our software is predominantly Go, JS, React, Redux, Material UI. We rely on Kubernetes, Serverless, Docker, Elasticsearch, Postgres, Terraform. We use a combination of managed and self-hosted approaches and build and manage our systems using Gitlab, Auth0, PagerDuty, Datadog etc.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an autonomous, well-supported team where you can hone your skills & develop new ones.
How you will make an impact
- Build out our high-quality SaaS performance monitoring application and API.
- Figure out new ways to solve old and complex problems relating to voice data collection, quality measurement, test and assurance automation.
- Work with 3rd party APIs (Browser, Voice, ML, AI, CPaaS, CCaaS, UCaaS, SaaS) to extract meaningful data for our customers.
- Get your hands dirty with data collection, data analytics and related machine learning tools.
- Contribute to and challenge our platform and its architecture.
- Work on R&D projects in response to customer-driven requests.
- Contribute to the product and engineering roadmap, and company success.
- Surprise yourself: Learn a whole bunch of new tricks
At Operata, we embrace inclusion and embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance and bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer:
- Great equipment - awesome connectivity,
- Flexible working - and a day off for your birthday!
- Strengthen yourself - annual Learning & development budget.
- Family/community/work balance - in that order.
- Flexible return to work options - for when someone new arrives.
- Bootstrapped and profitable - we are in control.
For us, better connection is something we live - with our people, customers, partners and our team, its reflected in our 8 core values:
- **Execute the why. **Grow with purpose.
- Play the long game. Build respect, value relationships.
- Progress over perfection. Act and iterate.
- Be fearless. Be empowered to innovate without fear.
- We’re customers too. We solve the problems we have.
- Impress yourself. Do it because you think it is valuable.
- Leave it better than we found it. Use our knowledge to do some good.
- Be thoughtful. Think first, empathize, consider our impact.
Read more about our culture and values at operata.com/story.
Operata is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Operata prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.