**Duration: 6-month Contract Position
** **Location: Remote in the United States or Canada
** The Role We are looking for a short term manager for the GeckoView team who can be both a people manager and an effective project manager, who will draw upon their management and technical experience to help individuals on the team advance in their careers while shipping excellent software.
You’ll be leading a team of hardworking software engineers while working with the senior manager of the Firefox mobile engineering group and coordinating collaboration with interdependent teams.
Responsibility includes the completion of major initiatives on clear timelines and ensuring the software your team delivers is of high quality and is maintainable. This also includes developing and communicating the roadmap, scope, and risks of your team’s projects to leadership.
The Person * You have a strong interest in leading a mobile engineering team, and learning about building an embeddable browser engine, and related technologies
- You are excited by successfully shipping software projects that meet our users’ needs
- You have experience developing software which will help you with issue triage, prioritization, and execution
- You enjoy helping team members and colleagues grow and get better at what they do
- You are happy to provide and receive constructive feedback; when you see a chance to improve something, you act on it.
- You have experience participating in product and strategy planning and can communicate effectively with other functions, such as product and project managers.
- You are not afraid to ask questions and propose new ideas if you think they will make a positive impact
- You have strong written and verbal English skills. The GeckoView Team We are a distributed software development team of 7 mobile platform engineers. Our focus is on bringing the powerful Firefox web browser engine gecko onto the Android mobile platform.
Our team is distributed across various time zones in Europe and the US with everyone working remotely from their homes. We use chat, video conferencing, shared documents, and email to communicate.
Work-life balance is important to us, and we respect family time and weekends. Sometimes we work longer hours to respond to high priority needs such as security incidents, but we work hard to make that an exception and not the rule.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.the