Why this opportunity exists⌗
Unite Us is seeking a Corporate Counsel who is interested in working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment to help our General Counsel manage contracts and deal flow, among other legal responsibilities. The Corporate Counsel will work collaboratively within Unite Us to help the General Counsel and sales team assemble and review commercial contracts and draft new form contracts. Candidates should be prepared to work on commercial transactions, intellectual property licenses, and strategic partnerships, among other types of agreements.
• Draft, negotiate and execute agreements and contracts on behalf of the company across all of its geographies • Take the lead on contracting execution for state-wide implementations of Unite Us networks • Offer counsel on a variety of legal issues • Advise executives within the company • Advise on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with commercial contracts • Research and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the company • Review advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements • Provide training to the company on legal topics
Additional requirements (other than skills)⌗
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization • Ability to issue spot within the context of the company’s business priorities • Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues • Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all departments • Ability to work independently • Willingness to learn about our technology and the healthcare sector • Enthusiasm and a collaborative approach
English - fully-fluent Career path⌗
• Undergraduate and law degree • Admission to a recognized bar • 2 - 5 years of experience gained in a large law firm and/or in-house • Healthcare sector and in-house experience is preferred (but not required) • Experience with software and commercial contracts preferred (but not required)
About the organization(s)⌗
• Unite Us is reinventing the delivery of health and human services. We connect service providers on a common platform, enabling scalable, accountable and measurable delivery of wraparound care. Our technology provides the collaborative infrastructure for these communities. We care deeply about the work we do and the communities our software benefits. We’re looking for people to join our team who share that passion for our mission to reinvent Health & Human Services and aspire to make a lasting difference for future generations. No matter how large our team grows, we will always be family. Unite Us prides itself on offering a competitive salary, full benefits, and the opportunity to change the world. Come to Unite Us and together we can build healthier communities for everyone.
• Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions: • This position is based in Raleigh, NC • This position requires 5% travel