Why this opportunity exists⌗
IPPF/WHR seeks an agile, proactive and creative thinker to support our communications goals of raising the external visibility of our ecosystem, amplifying feminist voices across the region and advancing IPPF/WHR’s work more broadly with donors and key stakeholders. We are looking for experienced copy writers, journalists, or marketing content creators to help advance a range of communication needs. This includes adapting materials for use across different channels as well as assisting the production of new pieces that will accelerate our efforts for external audiences in a consistent institutional voice. We would like someone who is comfortable drafting, editing and publishing a range of pieces from short articles for the website, programmatic case studies for donors, stories for use in marketing materials, and social media content.
•Create and update materials for public dissemination based upon shared editorial calendar and organizational priorities. • Coordinate review, editing and translating of agreed upon communication materials. • Help identify projects, stories and messages that are engaging, motivating and high quality, and which communicate impact and showcase the work of IPPF/WHR and our partners. • Contribute to identifying new and creative ways to enhance the visibility and outreach of IPPF/WHR and our partners as well as help facilitate the delivery of inspiring and attractive multimedia content about the project.
Additional requirements (other than skills)⌗
• Demonstrable track record of creating effective communications materials for international nonprofits. • Ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadline with multiple stakeholders. • Ability to work remotely. • Deep knowledge of and commitment to sexual and reproductive rights as well as commitment to the mission, vision and values of IPPF/WHR. • Bilingual fluency in Spanish-English or Portuguese-English required.
English - fully-fluent Spanish - fully-fluent Portuguese - fully-fluent Career path⌗
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in communications or marketing.
About the organization(s)⌗
• The International Planned Parenthood Federation Western Hemisphere Region (IPPF/WHR) is a network of 46 autonomous nonprofit Partner Organizations throughout North America, Latin America and the Caribbean that lead the delivery of services and engage in advocacy for Sexual and Reproductive Health, Social Justice, and Gender Equality within their countries. Together with our local partners, we work to achieve a world where all people have access to the information, services, and rights they need to live healthy and empowered lives. In 2019, our partners provided over 41 million health services, including contraception, breast and cervical cancer screenings, HIV prevention, and safe abortion. We averted 3.3 million unintended pregnancies and achieved 36 progressive advocacy wins across the region.
• IPPF/WHR is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to advancing sexual and reproductive rights and health and dismantling inequities from a feminist intersectional lens. Reproductive justice, racial justice and diversity are driving forces for us. • IPPF/WHR provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital and partnership status, genetic information, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law. • At IPPF/WHR we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices and experiences of our employees. We strongly encourage applications from all kinds of backgrounds to build a diverse workforce in which all social and minority groups are represented.
• Compensation: The consultant will be paid a daily rate, depending on level of experience, volume of deliverables and type and complexity of tasks.