As part of the tech team, you will join a crew of experienced engineers working on crafting the best possible user experience and building a highly scalable codebase. Our stacks are Ruby and Go for the backend; EmberJS for the frontend; Kotlin and Swift for the mobile. Our tools/stack include Kafka, Kubernetes, ELK, AWS services and all the good stuff you could think of!
As a Software Backend Engineer, you will work on improving and scaling the most sensitive piece of Qonto infrastructure. You will ensure the safety and robustness of systems handling hundreds of thousands of complex requests a day. You will also work on shipping innovative new banking features for an exponentially growing user base.
- Architect and develop the services: You will enrich our APIs through maximum resilience
- Develop the architecture: You will improve the microservices architecture of our API
- Supervise the technical aspect: You will be responsible for the technical aspect of our backend and participate in complex conception issues
- Maintain a high level of quality: You will implement various test suites to ensure the quality of the system.
- Improve technical solution: You will make your work very scalable, strongly robust and highly secured
- Consolidate data: You will Integrate data coming from different sources (including banking APIs and SaaS APIs)
- Share the knowledge: You are willing to participate in the development of our open-source and internal tools
- Experience: You have 5+ years experience as a software engineer and you had exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications and micro-services
- Mastery: You have strong knowledge and experience in Go, Ruby, Java, Python, C or Scala
- Problem solver: You are pragmatic and solution-oriented
- Make an impact: You want to build an innovative product to be used by thousands of users
- Best Practices: You work in an organized manner with test coverage and other best practices
- Curiosity: You are a curious and open-minded developer, open to working on both Go and Ruby
- Team player: You have good communication skills and you know how to work with a team
- Languages: You are fluent in English. French is a plus.
🤔 What you can expect
- Joining a team of more than 35 highly skilled backend engineers
- Contributing to the creation of multiple banking services used by thousands of client in 4 different countries
- Taking part in creating a scalable Core Banking System that provides stable and secure banking accounts
- Working on open-source projects to contribute to your stack’s community
- Participating and organizing numerous events (Meet-ups, Talks, conferences…) to make Qonto’s engineering culture even stronger and recognized around the globe