UKG is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our extremely talented team! As one of our Software engineers, you will be part of a development team which is a subset of the Transformation arm of the business that focuses on enterprise-wide innovation and digital transformation. The position requires someone who is self-motivated, has a collaborative attitude, has a good understanding of Agile SDLC practices, software development and has a passion for creating solutions that meet our internal and external customer business needs. The ideal candidate will possess experience in RPA development, and a strong desire to strive for development standards and efficiencies in an API and service-oriented architecture, who will enjoy working in a diverse and fast-paced team environment that is passionate about their work and contributing to our exciting digital transformation and growth agenda for the entire organization.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- As a (RPA) developer, you will own and be responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment and support of your automations/product
- Spends up to 80% of their time working in a hands-on way on day-to-day development tasks
- Considers license utilization, process optimization, local data preservation, and security guidelines when developing solutions
- Can work independently with minimal guidance as well as in a team environment
- Participates in design sessions based on business requirements to determine appropriate architectural design and UX
- Works closely with the Business analyst and Lead Developer to vet out design and other critical application decisions
- Participates in code review sessions among other development team members and architects
- Updates assigned user stories with the latest information and status
- Works with a Lead Developer regarding application support, helping to oversee the communication, analysis, testing, and implementation as the need arises
- Has some understanding of infrastructure and is able to troubleshoot issues and engage the appropriate engineering teams as issues arise that fall out of our domain
- Assists in developing project estimates and timelines
- Relies on research and domain expertise to work on technical projects
- Identifies and suggests ways to improve processes across the team and department **Required Qualifications: **
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Candidate should possess 1-3 years’ experience in Software Development
- Strong comprehensive of the Agile - Software Development Life Cycle
- Has proven experience with the following technologies: UiPath or similar RPA platform, Microsoft SQL Server
- Has proficient knowledge in programming languages such as C# or Python
- Has basic knowledge of software testing
- Has previous exposure to the various service-based technologies (SOAP, WCF, REST)
- Must be willing and able to change direction during development as requirements and priorities change
- Able to work with diverse team members with different levels of experience
- Provide technical documentation and troubleshooting guides for Business teams and peers team members to understand the complete “system” of what is being built
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Must be clear and concise in written and oral communications
- Work effectively as a member of an agile team and/or independently
- Ability to understand system functionality, process, and architecture at a technical and business level
- High degree of self-motivation to learn new methodologies/technologies that will enhance job performance
- Self-motivated and accountable to “do what it takes” to get the job done
- Ability to identify and prioritize technical system and application issues in a timely manner for self and others
- Must be open to feedback when being mentored and in turn assist in the mentoring of other development team members.
- Builds and maintains strong peer relationships within the team and across the organization Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! https://youtu.be/2Aw55CP1IO8
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Team Member will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.