Modsy is a fast growing, San Francisco-based startup that is reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless consumer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home. You receive back a catalog quality lifelike version of your room rendered in 3D that is fully shoppable based on your style, budget, and functional needs. The future of home design and furniture buying is changing and Modsy is leading the way. Summary This temporary, contract position is for a **3D Artist/Project Manager. **You will work closely with clients and a team of 3D artists to translate project requirements into action items and timelines, and oversee the production of photorealistic environments of the highest quality. General 3D experience is required to understand the file types, deliverables, level of effort and to do some light changes before delivery. The ideal candidate shares a passion for creating high-quality 3D images, along with the necessary people skills to work remotely with a team to achieve the final result and wow our customers. The Position Full time, independent contractor, temporary. Expected duration of the contract is July through October/November. Will work remotely from home.
Requirements * Familiarity with architectural plans and specifications, and the ability to read such documents (Cad drawings, specifications, etc), with the purpose of translating them into 3D modeling and texturing requirements
- General knowledge of 3ds Max, in particular modeling and texturing.
- General experience rendering photo-realistic environments, experience using Vray is preferred.
- General knowledge of Photoshop, in particular image retouching.
- Ability to organize and manage 3d projects, from gathering requirements to delivering final rendered assets.
- Ability to track and respond to client feedback, as well as translating that feedback into action items for the 3d artists.
- Ability to estimate timelines and resource allocation.
- Ability to work with remote teams asynchronously, and in different timezones. Modsy has raised $71M in funding from TCV, AVP, Norwest, GV, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, Comcast Ventures, Birchmere Ventures, and BBG.